Personal Branding Why Bother  

RSS

Azlan Shah
(@admin)
Eminent Member Admin
16/07/2018 11:11 am  

https://youtu.be/G5P5cMnOBUE

Indonesian Morning Show I Source: Youtube

Pesonal branding is about determining internally whats important to you, what your values are and externally about promoting yourself and making it easy for the right kind of people to find you for the right kinds of work.

History of Personal Branding

Another benefit from building a brand is to differentiate yourself with people who do similar kind of work, it will get your name out there and you will be associated with a certain qualities.

If you're interested in the history of Personal Branding, this Wikipedia article does a pretty good job of condensing it.

I also like this article, with its emphasis on the importance of standing behind, and of inhabiting, your brand.

Personal Branding Is A Leadership Requirement, Not a Self-Promotion Campaign

Though older (circa 2013), this article is an excellent summation of the right way to engage in personal branding. I especially like the author's discussion around the question, "Are you consistently living your personal brand every day?" Please share your thoughts about the article; did it resonate with you? Did it sound like "Office Space" mumbo jumbo? Comment below!

How Personal Should Your Brand Be?

Twitter, IG, and Facebook - How personal your information given on each of the platform to others. Personally I used my Instagram page to promote my brand. As an Architect, I am promoting what I have been doing inside my workshop and also some of the products I will be producing in the future. If you have some products to present your audience through photos and videos, Instagram might be a better choice for your brand.

My Facebook and Twitter are set for my friends and family. That is why I set them private.

Does It Feel Wrong

Many people when discussing about this topic in the forums to tell me that, for many different reasons, the idea of promoting yourself feels wrong/gross/arrogant, etc. I've decided that it is more efficient to post these two blog posts here, rather than trying to respond to you individually.

Thought Leaders On Sales And Marketing Industry

Why Do We Need Partners And Their Resources

Yes, I wrote both of these. Is it arrogant of me to post them? Perhaps 🙂 Read them, and tell me what you think. If they change your mind on the subject, please let me know. If they don't change your mind, let me know that, too!

Know Yourself Using Meyers-Briggs Type Test

Go to the PsychCentral site, and take the MBTI test (free).

While taking the test, you should neither rush through the questions, nor overthink them. You won't be judged for your result, rather, the point of this exercise is for you to better understand yourself. As Dostoyevsky wrote,

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others."

So, please answer the quiz questions honestly!

My result:

[caption id="attachment_3829" align="aligncenter" width="767"]My Own Personality Test Results My Own Personality Test Results[/caption]

After you've taken the Cognitive Style Inventory (basically the free version of the Myers Briggs Test), visit this link to read about your result- be sure to follow the link to read a detailed description. Then, report here your result.

My own result: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTP.html

I will talk more in-depth about this topic later so stay in touch!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register